Circulation & Checkout Policy
The Montezuma Public Library belongs to the Evergreen Indiana Library Consortium, which includes as a fundamental objective the ability of library patrons to see and borrow library materials from all participating Evergreen Indiana Libraries.
An Evergreen Indiana library card is required in order to check out materials at an Evergreen Indiana Library. Patrons of the Evergreen Indiana Consortium libraries presenting the proper identification are eligible to receive an Evergreen Indiana library card from their home library subject to certain limitations.
An Evergreen Indiana library card is not transferable to another user.
Patrons of Indiana public libraries not participating in the Evergreen Indiana Consortium may be able to receive a library card at an Evergreen Indiana library pursuant to reciprocal borrower and other agreements. Users from non‐participating Indiana libraries will not have the same privileges as Evergreen Indiana patrons and such privileges may be suspended at any time without notice.
Circulation of materials will be limited to the following types of borrowers:
· Resident Borrowers are permanent Reserve Township residents or one who owns taxable property in Reserve Township.
· Reciprocal Borrowers are those who do not reside in Reserve Township but reside in a library district that has a reciprocal borrowing agreement with the Montezuma Public Library. Use of the Evergreen Indiana card by reciprocal borrowers is limited to the Montezuma Public Library.
· Non-Resident Borrowers are those who do not reside in a library district and therefore cannot borrow materials as a reciprocal borrower. Non-residents must purchase a library card by paying a prescribed annual or a pro-rated three-month fee determined by the Montezuma Public Library Board of Trustees.
· PLAC Card Borrowers are those who purchase the “Public Library Access Card”: an annual card that can be used to borrow at any Indiana Library. The Indiana State Library sets PLAC card fees. Note that a person residing outside Reserve Township wishing to purchase a PLAC card must also have a Paid Card.
Library Card Application Process Proper identification – one of the following -- must be presented to apply for an Evergreen Indiana library card:
A valid Indiana Driver’s License which displays a current address;
A valid Indiana State ID which displays a current address, or
A current government-issued photo ID.
If the presented identification does not display a current address, the applicant must present one additional item as follows as proof of residency or property ownership in Indiana:
Valid voter registration card.
Valid current government issued ID (e.g. military ID or passport)
Bank statement issued within the last 30 days
Utility bill issued within the last 60 days,
Property tax receipt
Signing an Evergreen Indiana library card denotes acceptance of responsibility for all fines and fees and for payment for lost or damaged materials. All outstanding fines must be collected before a new card is issued. Patrons are advised to contact the library to report a lost or stolen library card. If a card is lost before its expiration, a duplicate card will be issued for $2.00.
Resident Borrowers Cards expire two (2) years from the issue date. All other cards expire one year from the issue date, except for 3 month paid cards.
The following borrowers must meet additional requirements as follows:
Reciprocal applicants must show their library card from their home library.
Non-Resident applicants must pay the three-month or annual fee. Paid cards expire either three months or one year after the issue date.
PLAC Card applicants must show their home library card and pay the current PLAC card fee for each card they want. If they are not a resident in a library district or do not display their current home library card they must purchase a Paid Card as well. PLAC applicants receive an Evergreen Indiana card as well as the PLAC card issued by the Indiana State Library.
Non-Resident Student Borrowers must present a valid school I.D. or have their enrollment verified by phone before a card is issued.
Circulating books and audiobooks may be checked out for 21 days and may be renewed one time, for an additional 21 days, unless a Hold request has been placed by another patron.
* DVD’s and videos may be checked out for 7 days and renewed one time for an additional 7 days. No Holds may be placed on videos/DVDs, but teachers may reserve classroom related videos.
Montezuma Public Library Board Meetings are typically held on the last Tuesday of each month in the library at 4:30 pm.